This year sail training will be supervised by our dual Olympian Head of Sailing, Sarah Ogilvie, and delivered by Sian Harding and our hard working instructors and coaches. Over winter the training program has been brightened up and you may notice some colourful changes that we hope you enjoy;
- We’re kicking off on Sunday 10 November with a combined Junior & Youth celebration session and BBQ, beginning at 9am for sailors and parents/carers. More information to come!
- Youth training is now 10am – 1pm with Junior training remaining at the time of 9am – 12pm
- The Junior Lounge is being refreshed, and we are really looking forward to sharing this with you when it’s ready.
- Our instructors have been up-skilling themselves; some are now certified coaches and windsurf instructors!
Our aims for BYS Sail Training for the season are to:
- Provide clear pathway options for our Junior (and Tackers) to Youth Sailing.
- Encourage great family involvement, including opportunities for parents/carers to get on the water as volunteers and participants
- Bringing everyone together more often and celebrating our sport through: Social (e.g. start/end of training BBQ’s…) and sailing and volunteering together on the water.
For assistance and any further information please contact the Sailing Office: [email protected]