Try sailing today for FREE!
Like all sporting clubs, there are fees associated with regular usage of that facility and enjoying the services it provides. At Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron we want to make it easy and affordable for potential new members to try out sailing and our facilities without having to immediately subscribe to annual membership.
During this trial period the club will provide a ‘Sail Pass Membership’ at no cost for the first 6 sails, then a minimal cost for the subsequent 6 sails. This enables guests to participate in the club’s competitive racing program and to then use the clubhouse facilities post-race.
What is SailPass Membership at BYS and how does it work?
SailPass is a means by which a non-member can enjoy sailing at Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron – it’s a form of introductory or short-term membership for a maximum of 12 separate sailing days.
A SailPass Temporary Membership addresses the Australian Sailing racing rules & personal insurance meaning you can come and enjoy your day!
• The first 6 Sail Passes are FREE
• The following 6 Sail Passes cost $15 per sail
Once a SailPass Member has sailed 12 times, they would need to become an annual member. The $90 they have paid to date is subtracted from the first year membership subscription fee. More information can be found here https://www.revolutionise.com.au/bys/registration/temporary-member/
The benefits of Sail Pass Membership
• Enjoy sailing, meet new friends, get to know our amazing club.
• Access club facilities including the bar and dining.
• Australian Sailing Personal Accident Insurance for the day.
• Australian Sailing number for the day (necessary for all who race).
How to purchase a SailPass Membership
Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron uses Australian Sailing’s RevSport program to facilitate SailPass Memberships. To register for a SailPass please follows these simple steps:
- Go to the RevSport website here: https://www.revolutionise.com.au/bys/registration/temporary-member/
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to complete the online form
- Note you need to have an Australian Sailing (AS) number BEFORE you can register for a SailPass, if you don’t have one click “Don’t have an AS Number?” at the bottom of the form
- Once you have your AS number to hand, complete the form and hit NEXT STEP
- Select “SAILPASS” and then follow the prompts on each page, and agree to the Terms & Conditions to complete the registration.
We encourage you to register for your SailPass in advance, however, if you forget you can still register on the spot when you get to the club. The Sailing Office will help you do this via their iPad.