COVID – Latest update from the Club
Last updated 18 December 2020
Here you will find the latest information regarding our Covid procedures at the club.
Staff, volunteers, and participants should stay home and not attend if:
- you are feeling even a little unwell or have only mild cold/flu like symptoms including:
- Chills or sweats
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell
- you feel unwell, even if you have previously tested negative for coronavirus (COVID-19),
- you do not feel completely well and have had a fever in the last three days (72 hours).
- you have returned from overseas travel in the last 14 days;
- you have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or is unwell in the last 14 days, including cough or mild cold/flu like symptoms; or
- you believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- you do not feel comfortable, including being in an at-risk category.
Staff, volunteers, and participants are encouraged to:
- get the flu vaccination
- download the COVIDsafe app
Our sailing program is in line with government regulations. There is important information to take note of:
- All races before 25 December 2020 will be standalone club start courses and will not form part of a series; All series races may commence following 25 December 2020;
- Sign ON/OFF must be on a personal device using the applicable App as per the Sailing Instructions and the BYS Covid Safe Plan
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions all boats and competitors are required to comply with the BYS Covid Safe Plan
- Bookings are ESSENTIAL. Please book here via the online portal (if you have forgotten your username or password, please contact the office)
- For bistro opening hours click here
Racing Lounge & Deck
- Bar service for food and drinks.
SWR Dining – Lunch & Dinner
- Table service
- Bookings essential
While restrictions have eased, density limits of 1 per 2sqm and capacity limits for each area still apply.
We ask that everyone who visits follows the below directions;
- Face masks must be carried at all times and are recommended to be worn when you are unable to maintain social distancing.
- Anyone who is on site for more than 15 min must sign in via our QR sign in system
- Practice good hand hygiene. Please sanitise your hands-on entry
Marina & slipping:
- The marina is fully operational, as are slipping services – whilst maintaining social distancing and wearing masks at all times.
- All contractors onsite MUST report to, and sign-in, at the marina office before entering the marina, or scan the QR codes located on each marina gate entrance.
- Any contractors working on boats must wear a face mask at all times and practice social distancing
In accordance with the current government requirements we are required to gather contact details of everyone who visits the premises for longer than 15 minutes. In order to streamline this process and reduce the risk of cross-contamination, we have implemented a QR code scanning system to help gather and manage everyone’s contact information. It’s a simple 4-step process and you can do it all on your phone. All you need to do is follow below instructions:
- Open camera on your smart phone.
- Scan the QR code.
- Tap on pop-up link.
- Fill in required details.
There will be signage at all entry points with the scannable QR code, along with step-by-step instructions on how to complete the process, and as always all staff will be more than happy to assist you if required.